lo Squaderno no. 40 – June 2016 | Patrimonialization
“Cities have always been subject to transformations processes based on the valorization of their heritage and on the promotion of the local resources.
These transformations are often the result of an economic conversion of the culture, conceived as an asset to exploit, which in contemporary city has became a driving force of several processes this issue of lo Squaderno proposed to explore, proposing also a framework to consider these processes as ‘patrimonialization’, so to invite to deepen and question this same framework.“
a cura di / dossier coordonné par / edited by // Katerina Polychroniadi & Cristina Mattiucci
Guest artist / artiste présenté / artista ospite // Wunderkammer Trento
Contents / Sommaire / Contenuti
- Andrea Mubi Brighenti, On Heritage as a Principle of Valorisation A note on Italo Calvino
- Katerina Polychroniadi, Historical and commercial triangle of Athens. Patrimonalization through imaginary urban projects, rhetoric and rediscovery of tradition
- Marta Rossi and Francesco Aliberti, Negotiating urban change. Strategies and tactics of patrimonialization in Hackney Wick, East London
- Véronique Zamant, Les horizons du Paysage Carioca
- Cristina Mattiucci, Declaration of “Outstanding Universal Value” and the commodification of the image of a city
- Andrea Canziani, Chi ha paura della patrimonializzazione?