Deadline for abstract submission: April 30th 2015
Images of Cultural Diversity and Heritage: 21-26.09.2015, Warsaw (Poland)
The academic conference “Visual Anthropology and European Cultural Heritage” and the Nordic Anthropological Film Association (NAFA) Film Festival are scheduled to take place in September 2015 within the framework of “Images of Cultural Diversity and Heritage” project.
CONFERENCE “VISUAL ANTHROPOLOGY AND EUROPEAN CULTURAL HERITAGE”
Panel 1. Heritage, cultural diversity and media
Panel 2. Cultural heritage. Theory and praxis
Panel 3. Difficult Heritage
– Professor of Social Anthropology at the University of Poznań and of
Comparative Central European Studies at European University Viadrina in
– Program Director of the Core Exhibition at the Museum of the History of Polish
Jews on the site of the former Warsaw ghetto and prewar Jewish neighborhood. She is University Professor Emerita and Professor Emerita of Performance Studies at New York University.
– President, Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland, CEO
and Creative Director, Spring Films Ltd (London), Adjunct Professor of
Anthropology, University of Southern California (Los Angeles).
The NAFA2015 festival and “Visual Anthropology and European Cultural Heritage”
conference will be accompanied by workshops for specialists, aimed at exchange
of experiences in transfer of knowledge on cultural heritage and diversity with
the use of audiovisual media.
1. Curating Memories in Conflict: Exhibiting and Filming Poland’s Jewish
Figurines / Erica Lehrer, Associate Professor, Concordia University, Montreal;
Paulina Fiejdasz, filmmaker and journalist.
2. Documentary Filmmaking and Participant Observation / Steef P.M. Meyknecht,
documentary filmmaker, photographer, lecturer, Leiden University.
3. Visual Anthropology and Cultural Heritage / Frode Storaas, Professor,
University Museum of Bergen.