CRITICAL HERITAGE AND PHOTOGRAPHY
Panel to be convened as part of the Royal Anthropological Institute’s Conference Anthropology and Photography
British Museum, London, May 29-31 2014
See panel abstract: http://www.nomadit.co.uk/rai/events/rai2014/panels.php5?PanelID=2614
Around the broad theme of ‘critical heritage and photography’ papers may wish to consider:
· New theorisations of photography as it relates to critical heritage studies
· The photograph as a site of heritage
· (Re)defining ‘heritage photographies’
· The role of photography in articulating quotidian heritage
· The impact of photography on the preservation, restoration and management of heritage
· Intangible heritage and photography
· The ‘photographic life’ of heritage sites
· Intersections of heritage and contemporary art photography
· Ethics and the photography of heritage
· The affective qualities of heritage as mediated through photography
· What new perspectives does photographic theory offer heritage and vice-versa?
Proposals should be submitted through the RAI’s online system (see above link).
For questions on the submission process or any other matters please contact panel organiser Colin Sterling – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the call for papers closes on January 8th 2014.