Seminar / Round Table: ‘Heritage as Knowledge Resource: social, political and cultural context’
Short description: The topic of the event is contemporary understanding of heritage. Insights about what heritage is, how it is constructed, roles it have in modern societies etc. coloured by idea of heritage as social, political, cultural or economic need of individuals and collectivities will be discussed. Important topics associated with heritage as development, sustainability, multiculturalism, reconciliation, management etc. will be examined too.
· Prof. Gregory J. Ashworth (Professor of Heritage Management and Urban Tourism, University of Groningen, NL)
· Dr. Rodney Harrison (Lecturer in Museum and Heritage Studies, University College London, UK)
· Prof. Claire Giraud-Labalte (Chair of ENCATC Understanding Heritage Group & Professor in Programs in Cultural Promotion and Heritage, Université Catholique de l’Ouest, Angers, FR)
· Prof. Drago Roksandić (Professor at the History Department, University of Zagreb, HR)
· Dr. Darko Babić (Lecturer at the Sub-Department of Museology and Heritage Management, University of Zagreb, HR)
· Dr. Carsten Paludan-Müller (Director of Norwegian Institute for Cultural Heritage Research, N)
· Prof. Amareswar Galla (Executive Director of International Institute for the Inclusive Museum, DK-AUS)
· Dr. Wim de Vos (Chairman of European Museum Forum Judging Panel, B)
Date and time, Place: June 7th, 2013 from 10:00-14:00 at the Rectorate Building of the University of Zagreb (Trg marsala Tita 14, Zagreb, Croatia). On June 8th, 2013 study day tour to the Ravni kotari area and the city of Zadar. (Full programme with abstracts is attached)
Organizer: University of Zagreb (Sub-department of Museology and Heritage Management & Department of History, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences) within EU funded project ‘Jankovic Castle: historic site, generating sustainable development of the Ravni Kotari region’.
Working language: English
Fee: there is no registration fee, still all interested must register in advance (Registration form attached)
For any further questions about the event please contact Dr. Darko Babic (Research Fellow and Lecturer, Sub Department of Museology and Heritage Management, Department of Information and Communication Sciences, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb) at dbabic(at)ffzg.hr